Vol.III

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

3.26.14 | NIKE AIR MAX DAY


“March 26, 1987, marked the release of the Air Max 1 and with it, a revolution began. In the form of a literal window to the sole, the invisible became visible and Nike Air cushioning forever changed how Nike designed running sneakers. Twenty-seven years have passed, visibility has increased, the legend has grown, and the time to celebrate has arrived. 3.26, the day that started it all, marks the celebration of an experiment turned icon. To kickstart the festivities, a limited edition Air Max 1 will be released to usher in a new tradition.” - NIKE


About 5 weeks ago, Nike Sportswear sent me an email along with a couple other friends stating that Air Max Day was among us & I was chosen to design my very own 1 of 1 Airmax for International Nike Air Max Day.  Of course getting emails alone from Nike was a dream come true but to be able to design a shoe from Nike as a gift was nothing short of a blessing.  The shoe came in yesterday, just in time for Air Max Day along with an invite to the Private Event with UNDFTD.


Of course the process takes a couple weeks to develop a special design with the lowest of minimums in the color, one pair.  My deadline to come up with my perfect Air Max 90 was a mere 48 hours.  This is what I came up with, A Solar Nike Air Max 90 with Hyperfuse technology, black swoosh/ accent details, & an translucent "glow in the dark" sole.


I was more than pleased seeing my digital masterpiece come to a reality as I opened the box.  The best part is the "DYNT" on the back.  Today is 3.26 make sure you hit the streets in your favorite pair of Air Max.  Thank you Alero & Rachel for making 3.26 historic in my books....

#AIRMAX

Post By:  Mateo B


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post! Nice shoes. A comfortable zappos shoes though? That is amazing. You have a great blog!! loved this post .
Where did you find these cheap nike shoes? I'm totally obsessed with them, but they are sold out everywhere?